“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. The timeless beauty icon, Sophia Loren, once said. That makes taking care of the skin around your eyes all the more important.
Puffy, Dark, And Your Eye Realities
Listed below is a quick rundown of facts you need to know about puffy eyes and dark circles:
Fact No. 1: These are not strictly the products of aging. Rather, it is also the result of lifestyle choices that you've made and the skin care routine that you've been following all through these years.
Fact No. 2: Puffy eyes are caused by several factors. It can be too much salt in your diet, stress or chronic sleeplessness. It can also be caused by physiological changes in your body, that includes the weakening of muscles on your cheeks or, the loss of fats under your eyes due to the weakening of eye muscles to hold these. Some people have fatty eyes because of excess fats which they've been genetically predisposed to develop.
Fact No. 3: Dark under eyes are caused by several factors. The reasons include leaked fluids caused by broken capillaries located underneath the eye area, and deposited there. Sleeplessness, oversleeping, chronic eye strain, fatigue, stress, poor diet and lack of exercise can all contribute to dark under eyes as well. Allergies, eczema, eye and skin infections, dehydration, and trauma can all cause your eye area to darken.
Fact No. 4: You need to choose a treatment that matches the root cause of your puffy eyes and dark circles. You need to get to the root of the problem to get these eye skin issues resolved. Most of the time, you need to follow a combination of treatments and regimen to get these out of your face once and for all.
Tackling Skin Damage Around The Eyes
You ask if anything can still be done to reverse the damage, so we give you the top 5 ways to deal with puffy eyes and dark circles below:
1. Non-Surgical Procedures . There are invasive, minimally invasive and non-invasive – all non-surgical – procedures to deal with your puffy eyes and dark circles. Here are your top options:
• Dermal fillers. When lost fatty tissues or weakness of the muscle or membrane to hold in fats is the issue, your skin specialist will most likely first prescribe this option. You have a number of material choices that include collagen and hyaluronic acid. Your skin specialist will guide you on the best choices that you can make.
• Laser treatments. Lasers can be abrasive or, non-abrasive. In either case, the objective is to use the laser to stimulate higher volumes and faster rates of collagen production.
• Radiofrequency therapy. This procedure has been receiving rave reviews in skin tightening and will be helpful in addressing puffy eyes but will not resolve your dark circles. Sometimes, RF is combined with laser therapy for faster results.
2. Surgical Procedures. There are surgical options for puffy eyes and dark circles removal but, these can run serious possible side effects. For puffy eyes that are caused by excess fat, surgery is the only option.
3. Romp up your skin care regimen. Cleanse and tone the area thoroughly every day and every night. Moisturizers that contain peptides, antioxidants and skin brightening ingredients, like Teamine, will help facilitate skin renewal and regeneration to lighten up dark circles and de-puff your eyes.
4. Tweak your lifestyle. Sleep sufficient hours, learn to manage your stressors, eat healthy food and workout regularly. Most people will only need this and a skin care routine that best complements their skin to stomp out these perennial eye skin sores.
5. Schedule a visit with your physician. If you have reason to believe that your puffy eyes and dark circles may have an underlying cause involving your health condition, it is best to talk to your physician. It pays to rule out the existence of any disease so that you can get treated at the soonest possible time in case you have a health problem.
Puffy eyes and dark circles, other than wrinkles and age spots, can make you look older sooner if you do not take action immediately. Time for you to act on that eye problem. Consider these your best 5 options and start exploring each one right now. After all, your dark circles and puffy eyes may be a sign of poor health.